Home » Auto Insurance in Bronson, MI

Auto Insurance in Bronson, MI

Car accidents are unfortunately common. Whether you drive a rented, leased or owned car, you need auto insurance. Without the right policy, you could be responsible for costly out-of-pocket expenses if you’re in a vehicular accident or your vehicle is damaged.

The insurance you need is just a few clicks away. Contact Hathaway Agency, Inc. in Bronson, Michigan, to learn more about our auto insurance policies.

What Is Auto Insurance?

Auto insurance, also called car insurance, is a binding agreement between you and your insurance company. As long as you continue to make premium payments, your insurer agrees to pay for covered losses up to your policy limits. In addition to providing financial protection, coverage is legally required in many states to ensure that you, your passengers and other drivers on the road are financially protected.

What Does Auto Insurance Cover?

State requirements may mandate you carry certain types of insurance. For example, minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage may be required to help pay for property damage or bodily injuries you cause while driving. Common liability coverages include:

  • Property damage liability can help cover third-party property damages you cause while driving.
  • Bodily injury liability can help pay for expenses (e.g., lost wages, medical bills, legal fees) arising from bodily injuries you cause while operating your vehicle.

In Michigan, personal injury protection and property protection insurance are typically required in addition to liability insurance.

  • Personal injury protection (PIP) can help cover medical payments or lost income if you or your passengers have a physical injury from a car accident.
  • Property protection insurance (PPI) can cover damage to others’ property (e.g., parked cars, fences) caused by a car accident.

However, securing only the coverages mandated by your state may be insufficient to cover all your expenses if you’re in an accident. Here are some additional coverages for you to consider:

  • Comprehensive coverage can help with damage payments if non-collision incidents result in vehicular damage (e.g., vandalism, theft).
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can cover costs if you’re in a car accident with another driver who doesn’t have enough coverage.
  • Collision coverage can pay for damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with objects or another vehicle, regardless of fault.
  • Gap coverage can help pay off your auto loan if you’re the car you’re leasing or renting is totaled or stolen.

Contact Hathaway Agency to learn more about our auto insurance coverages and your state’s requirements.

How Much Does Coverage Cost?

The cost of your auto insurance may vary. Here are some factors which could affect your premiums:

  • Your age and driving record
  • Location (e.g., zip code)
  • Yearly mileage
  • Coverage types and limits
  • Vehicle make and model

The agents at Hathaway Agency can help you get an auto insurance quote. Contact us today.

How Do I Buy Auto Insurance?

We’re here to help you find the right policy for you. Contact Hathaway Agency to learn more about our auto insurance coverage and the potential savings you could get by bundling your home and auto insurance.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

©2024. All rights reserved. | Powered by Zywave Websites